Honoring Our Heroes
The freedoms we value today could only be possible thanks to the men and women of valor who fought – and who continue to fight – to establish and defend the country we call home.
As our thanks, we are offering all active military and veterans a ticket to ride the Stars & Stripes Special for FREE when accompanied by at least one other passenger. This offer is available to those who served or who are currently-serving in the United States Military – Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard as well as members of the Reserves, National Guard, U.S. Public Health Commissioned Corps, NOAA Commissioned Corps, etc. Thank you all for your service. Please provide appropriate ID at the ticket window when picking up your order.
American War Vignettes & Exhibits
In partnership with military services, veteran organizations and reenactors from throughout central Alabama, a variety of exhibits, educational displays and historic war-time campsites will be displayed on the HODRRM campus. Actors in time-period costumes will share the history of each era.
The train ride lasts approximately 75 minutes, so wear your patriotic best, sunglasses and a smile, and bring the whole family! Visit the food vendors on campus for a patriotic picnic lunch at the tables on the museum grounds.
- July 2, 2022
- 10:00 a.m.
- 1:00 p.m.
*All times Central
- Central Boarding begins 15 minutes before scheduled train departure.
- Tickets may be purchased in advance online or may be purchased as available on the day of the event prior to boarding at the Calera Depot.
- Adults Ages 12-64 – $18
- Children Ages 2-11 – $18
- Seniors Ages 65+ – $17
- Infants Ages 0-24 months – Free
- Military Tickets (Veterans & Active Duty ride free with purchase of a regular ticket) – Free
- Wheel Chair Seats – $18
- Caboose Tickets – $28
- Locomotive Tickets – $38
- National Historic Railroad Society (NHRS) Members – $17