Take a trip back in time as you board vintage railroad coaches restored to their former glory! The Calera & Shelby Railroad runs on a portion of the former L&N Alabama Mineral Railroad, established in 1891. Ride behind a first-generation diesel-electric locomotive as you travel through the scenic forests of Shelby County.
The train ride lasts approximately 75 minutes, so bring your sunglasses, a smile and the whole family!
- Saturdays* March - September
*Except during special events
- 10:00 a.m.
- 1:00 p.m.
All times Central
- Adults Ages 12-64 – $15
- Children Ages 2-11 – $15
- Seniors Ages 65+ – $14
- Infants Ages 0-24 months – Free
- Veterans valid ID required – $14
- Wheel Chair Seats – $15
- Caboose Tickets – $28
- Locomotive Tickets – $38
- National Historic Railroad Society (NHRS) Members – $14
Important Ticket Information:
Train tickets and/or charter reservation deposits are non-refundable. However, our ticket team is happy to transfer any unused travel funds to a train ride at a different date/time in the same operating season (March-October). Some exclusions may apply. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- The train crew strives to keep all train departures precisely on schedule. Plan to arrive approximately 60 minutes prior to your scheduled departure to provide you with enough time to be in position for timely boarding.
- There are no working restrooms on our vintage rail cars. Please ensure adequate time to use the restroom at the Gift Shop prior to boarding.
- Outside food and drinks other than bottled water are only permissible in the open-air cars and are not allowed in any historic enclosed coach.
- Passengers may select their preferred train car at boarding. Seats are unassigned onboard the train.
- Infants under 24 months old may ride free of charge but must remain in an adult's lap. For your safety, strollers and infant car seat carriers are not permitted aboard the train.
ADA Accomodations Onboard
- Any passenger with limited mobility may board our coaches at the Calera Depot using of our Mobilift system, by Adaptive Engineering Inc.. To make use of this, please inform the ticket agent when picking up your tickets.
- The boarding platform for Ozan Station was built specifically to ease access for riders with limited mobility. Riders are able to step, or roll, directly coach onto the station's platform which also provides a ramp descending from platform level to ground level
NOTE: A person in your party must be in a wheelchair to purchase the wheelchair space ticket. This is only a secure space for a wheelchair, no seat is provided. More information about the museum's accessibility and ADA compliance can found on our ADA Information page.
Stay on Track!
Our team has worked hard to ensure a safe and relaxing time for your family onboard our train. Please be sure to follow all verbal directions from your Conductor or Car Hosts and adhere to all posted safety and sanitation guidelines on the train and throughout the grounds.