Here’s to You, Moms!
The staff and volunteers at the Heart of Dixie Railroad Museum are proud to celebrate all moms at the Mothers’ Day Special & Vendor Festival, held on the Saturday only of Mother’s Day weekend. Plan to spend the day with us, enjoying a relaxing train ride, a variety of quality vendor booths, yard games, food and treat trucks and more!
As a gift for mom, her ticket is only $5 with the purchase of one or more regular-priced coach ticket. Her ticket also comes with a special token of appreciation and admiration from our team at the will call window. (Discounted tickets not applicable to caboose or locomotive tickets.)
Find Great Gifts She’ll Love!
The vendor festival will be hosted on the Museum grounds throughout the day, offering local handmade products, unique items, delectable treats and more – all perfect for gifts to pamper Mom this Mother’s Day! It'll be a fun, festive and memorable day spent with Mom!
The train ride lasts approximately 75 minutes, so you can enjoy quality time with mama, grandma and the whole family!
- May 13, 2023
- 10:00 a.m.
- 1:00 p.m.
- 3:00 p.m.
*All times Central
- Boarding begins 15 minutes before scheduled train departure.
- Tickets may be purchased in advance online or may be purchased as available on the day of the event prior to boarding at the Calera Depot.
Important Ticket Information:
Train tickets and/or charter reservation deposits are non-refundable. However, our ticket team is happy to transfer any unused travel funds to a train ride at a different date/time in the same operating season (March-October). Some exclusions may apply. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- The train crew strives to keep all train departures precisely on schedule. Plan to arrive approximately 60 minutes prior to your scheduled departure to provide you with enough time to be in position for timely boarding.
- There are no working restrooms on our vintage rail cars. Please ensure adequate time to use the restroom at the Gift Shop prior to boarding.
- Outside food and drinks other than bottled water are only permissible in the open-air cars and are not allowed in any historic enclosed coach.
- Passengers may select their preferred train car at boarding. Seats are unassigned onboard the train.
- Infants under 24 months old may ride free of charge but must remain in an adult's lap. For your safety, strollers and infant car seat carriers are not permitted aboard the train.
ADA Accomodations Onboard
- Any passenger with limited mobility may board our coaches at the Calera Depot using of our Mobilift system, by Adaptive Engineering Inc.. To make use of this, please inform the ticket agent when picking up your tickets.
- The boarding platform for Ozan Station was built specifically to ease access for riders with limited mobility. Riders are able to step, or roll, directly coach onto the station's platform which also provides a ramp descending from platform level to ground level
NOTE: A person in your party must be in a wheelchair to purchase the wheelchair space ticket. This is only a secure space for a wheelchair, no seat is provided. More information about the museum's accessibility and ADA compliance can found on our ADA Information page.
Stay on Track!
Our team has worked hard to ensure a safe and relaxing time for your family onboard our train. Please be sure to follow all verbal directions from your Conductor or Car Hosts and adhere to all posted safety and sanitation guidelines on the train and throughout the grounds.